ABDOMINOPLASTY SURGERY IN MANCHESTER ( TUMMY TUCK SURGERY )
Abdominoplasty is a procedure to reduce the excess skin and fat from the lower abdomen and also tightens the muscles of the abdominal wall.
The degree of excess skin and fat differ in amount and distribution amongst individuals. The choice of technique varies based on each individual patient.
The standard abdominoplasty involves creating a transverse scar on the lower abdomen/pubis. The skin and fat are lifted off from the muscles, the muscles are tightened and the excess tissues are trimmed. The umbilicus is relocated at a new point on the ‘new tummy’.
This technique addresses the excess tissues in the front of the abdomen but may not treat any excess fat on the flanks. This may be further addressed in a second stage with liposuction.
Every effort is made to produce a single longitudinal scar, however, in a few instances, there may also be a small vertical component in the midline below the umbilicus.
If you are considering abdominoplasty surgery in Manchester, please book a free consultation at Dr Deemesh’s clinic in Manchester. At the consultation, we will check and review the area to be treated and advice you about the results you can expect. Specifically women post pregnancies can decide to go ahead with abdominoplasty or tummy tuck surgery in Manchester. During the consultation, we will discuss the options available to you and update you the timeline of pre and post-surgery results.
If you are having a cold or any other infection we will we postponing you surgery. We would also advise you to stop smoking at least 5 weeks before surgery, also refrain from it after 6 weeks of post-surgery. If you want good results that you expected then you need to be in good health.
Abdominoplasty is also called Tummy Tuck surgery, it’s a procedure designed to enhance the abdominal area and removes excess fat and skin. Dr. Deemesh has got over 10 years experience in offering Abdominoplasty Surgery & Cosmetic Surgery in Manchester.
The mini-abdominoplasty involves removing the excess skin and fat from under the area under the umbilicus without having to relocate the umbilicus.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS OPERATION?
- Women following pregnancy which leads to stretched marks on the skin and weakening and separation of the muscles of the tummy.
- Men and women after significant weight loss
- Individuals with large excess skin/fat on the lower abdomen
- Individuals who wish to achieve a trimmer, flatter looking tummy
YOUR SURGICAL JOURNEY
1. BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your Abdominoplasty Surgery in Manchester.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed. A series of breast and chest measurements will be made and noted.
- Standardised photographs will be taken with your consent.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDs (eg. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 1 week prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop at least 4 weeks prior to your surgery.
2. YOUR OPERATION
- This will be performed under a general anesthetic (that is, you will put to sleep by an experienced consultant anesthetist). Most patients are able to go home on the following day.
- Mr. Oudit will visit you in the morning of your Abdominoplasty Surgery. If you have any further questions you would like to ask him prior to the operation, he would be most delighted to answer these for you. He will then place some marks on your chest. This is an integral part of the process.
- About 30-45 minutes prior to your operation you will pick up by friendly staff members and brought to the operating theatre suite.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your dignity at all times.
- You will have 2 drains emerging from the wound to aid in draining the extra fluid from the wound.
3. AFTER THE OPERATION
- You will be recovered in a safe environment by caring staff members before you are transferred to the ward where you will be nursed overnight.
- The following day, if you have drains, these will be removed and you will be discharged after Mr. Oudit has seen you.
- You will be seen in the Outpatient’s clinic one week after your Abdominoplasty Surgery in Manchester. The dressings will be removed and wounds inspected. You will then be seen the following week to ensure the wounds are healed and all is well. You will then be reviewed 3 months and then at 6 months later for the final time before discharge.
- Operating Time: 60 – 90 mins
- Anaesthetic: General Anaesthesia (GA)
- Hospital Stay: 1- 2 night
- Time off work: 2 – 3 weeks
- Exercise: After 6 weeks
- Driving: 4 weeks
- Sexual Activity: 3 – 4 weeks
- Full Recovery: 8 weeks
Special Advice: You are advised to wear an abdominal support garment for 6 weeks