BREAST ENLARGEMENT SURGERY IN MANCHESTER ( BREAST AUGMENTATION SURGERY )
Breast augmentation (enlargement) is a surgical operation whereby the breast is made larger to create an enhanced cosmetic outcome. This is usually achieved by inserting a prosthetic implant.
This is usually done through a short incision through the skin at the base of the breast. The resulting scar is then hidden under the mound of the breast. Occasionally, this may be also be done through an incision at the edge of the areolar (the circular disc of pigmented skin surrounding the nipple).
The breast implants are either placed under the breast or under the muscle of the chest. The appropriate plane for implant displacement depends on the size and volume of the breast preoperatively.
Breast implants are like inflated gel-filled balloons. They consist of a thick, robust outer shell which is filled with a silicone gel. Silicone is present in many everyday items. Although many studies have been done to ascertain whether silicone causes diseases, There is no evidence to suggest that silicone in breast implants is associated with either breast cancer or autoimmune diseases.
Breast implants vary in many ways. They come in various sizes and shapes. Implants of the right size are individually selected for each patient based on their Breast Enlargement Surgery or Breast Reduction in size and shape, your body built as well as fulfilling your expectations. You will actively participate in choosing the right one for yourself.
Breast implants are not permanent devices and you will need an operation in the future to either remove or to replace it. The implants which we use come with a lifetime guarantee against leaking or rupture. We do not use PIP implants.
In women with mild to moderate saggy breasts, this problem may be corrected with implants. In selected cases, augmentation is done with mastopexy (uplift).
Breast enlargement surgery can enhance your confidence. If you want to go for breast enlargement surgery in Manchester, first attend free consultation with Dr Deemesh’s Oudit. Before you decide for the surgery, you may need to decide few things such as what improvement you are looking for and result expectations. For most women breast enlargement can be highly satisfying. Hence, if you are healthy and want to improve your appearance then book free consultation today with Dr Deemesh Oudit.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM BREAST ENLARGEMENT SURGERY
- Would like to have larger breasts to improve their appearance
- Women who have mild to moderate saggy breasts in whom this problem can be solved with breasts implants
- Women with asymmetrical breasts. A breast implant may be used to augment the smaller of the breasts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SMOOTH AND TEXTURED IMPLANTS?
Ans. The surface of implants may be smooth or rough (textured). Studies have shown that textured implants are associated with a lower risk of capsular formation (or tightening).
Q. AM I LIKELY TO HAVE A HIGHER RISK OF BREAST CANCER IF I HAVE BREAST IMPLANTS?
Ans. No. Breast implants are not associated with a higher risk of breast cancer. However, breast implants may interfere with mammographic screening and the detection of breast cancer. It is important to inform the radiographer at the time of having a mammogram so that special views are done.
Q. IS IT SAFE FOR ME TO BREAST FEED IN THE FUTURE IF I HAVE HAD BREAST IMPLANTS?
Ans. Breast augmentation does not usually interfere with breastfeeding
Q. IF I WERE TO BREAST FEED IN THE FUTURE, CAN THE SILICONE FROM THE IMPLANTS TRAVEL IN THE BREAST MILK?
Ans. There is no evidence that any silicone is found in breast milk in patients with breast implants.
YOUR SURGICAL JOURNEY
1. BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your Breast Enlargement Surgery in Manchester.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed. A series of breast and chest measurements will be made and noted.
- Standardised photographs will be taken with your consent. You will play an active role in the selection of the right implant for yourself.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDs (eg. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 1 week prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery.
2. THE OPERATION
- This will be performed under a general anesthetic (that is, you will put to sleep by an experienced consultant anesthetist). Most patients are able to go home on the same day.
- Mr. Oudit will see you in the morning before your Breast Enlargement Surgery Manchester. If you have any further questions you would like to ask him prior to the operation, he would be most delighted to answer these for you. He will then place some marks on your chest. This is an integral part of the process. About 30-45 minutes prior to your operation you will be picked up by friendly staff members and brought to the operating theatre suite.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your dignity at all times.
3. AFTER THE OPERATION
- You will be recovered in a safe environment by caring staff members before you are transferred to the ward.
- Mr. Oudit will visit you prior to discharge.
- You will be seen in the Outpatient’s clinic one week after your Breast Enlargement Surgery in Manchester. The dressings will be removed and wounds inspected. You will then be seen the following week to ensure the wounds are healed and all is well. You will then be reviewed 3months later for the final time before discharge.
- OPERATING TIME: 60 mins
- ANAESTHETIC: General Anaesthetic
- Hospital Stay: Daycase / 1 night
- Time off work: 1 – 2 weeks
- Exercise: 6 weeks
- Driving: 2 – 3 weeks
- Sexual Activity: 4 weeks
- Full Recovery: 8 weeks
- Special Advice: Sports bra should be worn for 8 weeks post Breast Enlargement Surgery in Manchester. A wired bra can be worn after