As we get older the skin loses its elasticity and the muscles become slack to a degree. In addition to this, other factors such as the cumulative effects of sun exposure and gravity leads to ‘aging’ of the face. Face-lift surgery is the ultimate facial rejuvenation procedure. It is a combination of delicate art and science. There are different types of face-lifts. They come in ‘small’, ‘medium’ and ‘large’ depending on the degree of laxity and the appropriate technique suitable for you will be discussed at the consultation. A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift: Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes. Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM A Brow lift?
The ideal patient for a brow lift has drooping of the forehead and eyebrows which is not corrected by effective Botulinum toxin injections. Patients should have normal hairline and forehead height not exceeding approximately 7 cm. Receding hairline or high forehead may benefit from Hairline Lowering Forehead with advancement of the hairline to a normal position in combination with Brow Lift Surgery.
YOUR SURGICAL JOURNEY
BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your surgery.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed.
- Standard photographs will be taken with your consent. You will play an active role in the selection of the right implant for yourself.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDS (e.g. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop smoking 2 – 4 weeks prior to your operation to help reduce the risk of wound healing problems.
- Any history of abnormal bleeding or easy bruising is important.
DAY OF THE OPERATION
- You will be seen by Mr. Oudit in the morning of your surgery and he will have a chat with you. If you have any questions, he will be most willing to answer them. He will then place some marks on your face prior to the surgery.
- Your surgery will be performed under a general anesthetic which will be carried out by an experienced anesthetist.
- About 30-45 minutes prior to your operation you will picked up by friendly staff members and brought to the operating theatre suite.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your dignity.
- At the end of the operation you will have a bulky dressing placed around your face, to minimize bruising and swelling, and you will be taken back to the ward.
After Your Brow Lift Surgery
- Dressing: None required.
- Shower: Can wash hair gently at home.
- Sleeping: Use 2 – 3 pillows for 2 weeks post–op. Avoid bending over.
- Exercise: Avoid exercise for 6 weeks.
- Pain killers: Avoid aspirin / ibuprofen type analgesics for 2 weeks post-op as these may increase risk of bleeding and bruising
- Post-Surgery follow up consultation: Mr. Oudit will then see you 1 week after your operation and then at 6 weeks and 3 months post-operatively.
- OPERATION TIME: 90-150 mins
- ANAESTHETIC: General Anesthesia (GA)
- SCARS: Inside hairline 3 or 4 depending on your individual needs.
- HOSPITAL STAY: 1 night
- TIME OFF FROM WORK: 2 weeks
- TIME BEFORE EXERCISE: 6 weeks