As we get older, our skin and deeper tissue on the face gradually lose their elasticity. This may result in wrinkles, droopy skin around the jawline and banding on the front of the neck. A facelift procedure aims to improve your appearance by tightening the underlying The results of a facelift maybe enhanced by combination with non-surgical treatments like fractional CO2 laser treatment to achieve a more rejuvenated appearance.
Mr. Oudit is very experienced in both the surgical as well the non-surgical techniques for facial rejuvenation.
Depending on the needs of the individual, facelift surgery maybe done in combination with neck lift, eyelid lift (blepharoplasty) or cheek enhancement with autologous fat transfer.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM A FACELIFT?
We are all different and our skin behave differently. Some individuals are more self-conscious of their aging skin and would benefit from this procedure sooner than others. Generally, if you intend having it done then it would be advisable to do so whilst you are able to enjoy the benefits of it. Although there are no age limits for this procedure, most patients are typically between 40-75 years of age.
UNSUITABLE PATIENTS FOR FACELIFT
- Patients who are actively smoking or who have medical conditions like uncontrolled hypertension are generally unsuitable for this procedure.
- Patients who smoke should have ceased for 4-6 weeks prior to surgery and hypertensive patients would need to have had their hypertension treated prior
- Patients on blood thinning medications like aspirin will need to stop this medic ation for 7-10 prior to their surgery.
- This like any other cosmetic procedures, should not be considered in patients who have unrealistic expectations or body image disorders.
A consultation is required to assess you with regards to your suitability for this procedure and whether it needs to be combined with any other procedures for
A fee would be then discussed with you depending on what is required. This quote would be included all applicable fees.
Finance Optional also available.
YOUR SURGICAL JOURNEY
BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your surgery.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed.
- Standard photographs will be taken with your consent before the surgery.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDS (e.g. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop smoking 2 – 4 weeks prior to your operation to help reduce the risk of wound healing problems.
DAY OF THE OPERATION
- You will be seen by Mr. Oudit in the morning of your surgery and he will have a chat with you. If you have any questions, he will be most willing to answer them. He will then place some marks on your face prior to the surgery.
- Your surgery will be performed under a general anesthetic which will be carried out by an experienced anesthetist.
- About 30-45 minutes prior to your operation you will picked up by friendly staff members and brought to the operating theatre suite.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your privacy and dignity at all the times. At the end of operation, you will have a facial garment applied.
AFTER YOUR OPERATION
- The day after your operation, the bulky dressing will be removed, and the wounds inspected.
- You are advised to lie with your head elevated on 2 pillow height for at least 2 weeks.
- SURGERY TIME: 2 hours
- ANAESTHETIC: General Anaesthetic (GA)
- HOSPITAL STAY: Day case or 1 night
- TIME BEFORE EXERCISING: 6 weeks