A mommy makeover is a fairly standard combination of cosmetic surgery procedures that are performed together during a one operation: a breast lift (with or without implant), a tummy tuck, liposuction, virginal rejuvenation and stretch marks removal…etc.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM BREAST AUGMENTATION
Most women after having a child encounter several concerns with their body. These include problems such as breast size and volume loss, excess skin, stretch marks, and extra hip fat. A “Mommy Makeover” specifically focuses on all these body problem areas and concerns.
YOUR SURGICAL JOURNEY
BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will be have at least 2 consultations before your surgery.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed.
- Standard photographs will be taken with your consent. You will play an active role in the selection of the right implant for yourself.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDS (e.g. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 1 week prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery.
- This will be performed under a general anaesthetic (that is, you will put to sleep by an experienced consultant anaesthetist). Most patients are able to go home on the same day.
- Mr. Oudit will see you in the morning before your surgery. If you have any further questions you would like to ask him prior to the operation, he would be most delighted to answer these for you. He will then place some marks on your chest. This is an integral part of the process. About 30-45
minutes prior to your operation you will picked up by friendly staff members and brought to the operating theatre suite.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your dignity at all times.
AFTER THE OPERATION
- You will be recovered in a safe environment by caring staff members before you are transferred to the ward.
- Mr. Oudit will visit you prior to discharge.
- You will be seen in the Outpatient’s clinic one week after your surgery. The dressings will be removed and wounds inspected. You will then be seen the following week to ensure the wounds are healed and all is well. You will then be reviewed 3months later for the final time before discharge.
- Surgery Time: Approx. 3 to 5 hrs
- Anaesthetic: General Anaesthetic (GA)
- Hospital Stay: Day case / 1 night or more
- Time off work: 2 weeks
- Exercise: 8 weeks after surgery
- Driving: 2 weeks
- Sexual Activity: 4 weeks after surgery
- Full Recovery: 4 – 6 weeks
- Special Advice: Sports bra should be worn for 8 weeks post-surgery.