As we get older the skin loses its elasticity and the muscles become slack to a degree and reduce the overall thickness of the neck for a more sculpted, youthful appearance.
Neck lift is aims to improve your appearance by tightening the skin and underlying tissue of your neck. Mr. Oudit makes small incisions in front of and behind the ears, plus an additional incision beneath the chin.
Then he removes excess skin, tightens the platysma muscle, and gently stretches the remaining skin to cover the neck. The result is a tighter, firmer appearance.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM A NECK LIFT?
- Patient who has excess skin in the neck
- Patient who has too much neck fat
- Patient who has a turkey gobbler appearance
UNSUITABLE PATIENTS FOR NECKLIFT
- Patients who are actively smoking or who have medical conditions like uncontrolled hypertension are generally unsuitable for this procedure.
- Patients who smoke should have ceased for 4-6 weeks prior to surgery and hypertensive patients would need to have had their hypertension treated prior
- Patients on blood thinning medications like aspirin will need to stop this medic
ation for 7-10 days prior to their surgery.
- This like any other cosmetic procedures, should not be considered in patientswho have unrealistic expectations or body image disorders.
YOUR SURGICAL JOURNEY
BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your surgery.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed.
- Standard photographs will be taken with your consent before your surgery.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDS (e.g. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop smoking 2 – 4 weeks prior to your operation to help reduce the risk of wound healing problems.
DAY OF THE OPERATION
- You will be seen by Mr. Oudit before your surgery and he will have a chat with you. If you have any questions, he will be most willing to answer them. He will then place some marks on your body prior to the surgery.
- Your surgery will be performed under a general anesthetic which will be carried out by an experienced anesthetist.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your privacy and dignity at all the times.
AFTER YOUR OPERATION
- The day after your operation, the bulky dressing will be removed, and the wounds inspected.
- Mr. Oudit will then see you 1 week after your operation and then at 6 weeks and 3 months post-operatively.
- SURGERY TIME: 2 hours
- ANAESTHETIC: General Anaesthetic
- HOSPITAL STAY: Day case or 1night stay
- TIME BEFORE EXERCISING: 6 weeks