As we get older the skin loses its elasticity and the muscles become slack to a degree. and reduce the overall thickness of the neck for a more sculpted, youthful appearance.
Neck lift is a procedure that addresses excess skin and tissue in the neck. Mr. Oudit makes small incisions in front of and behind the ears, plus an additional incision beneath the chin.
Then he removes excess skin, tightens the platysma muscle, and gently stretches the remaining skin to cover the neck. The result is a tighter, firmer appearance.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM A FACELIFT?
- Who has excess skin in the neck
- Who has too much neck fat or muscle
- Who has a turkey gobbler appearance
YOUR SURGICAL JOURNEY
BEFORE THE OPERATION
- You will have at least 2 consultations before your surgery.
- During your first consultation the reasons for, feasibility and expectations of the operation will be discussed.
- Standard photographs will be taken with your consent. You will play an active role in the selection of the right implant for yourself.
- If you take aspirin or NSAIDS (e.g. Ibuprofen) then you should stop these at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery. These drugs thin the blood and predispose you to a higher risk of bleeding during and after the operation.
- If you are a smoker, you should stop smoking 2 – 4 weeks prior to your operation to help reduce the risk of wound healing problems.
DAY OF THE OPERATION
- You will be seen by Mr. Oudit in the morning of your surgery and he will have a chat with you. If you have any questions, he will be most willing to answer them. He will then place some marks on your face prior to the surgery.
- Your surgery will be performed under a general anesthetic which will be carried out by an experienced anesthetist.
- About 30-45 minutes prior to your operation you will picked up by friendly staff members and brought to the operating theatre suite.
- Your operation will be done in a safe and caring manner respecting your dignity.
- At the end of the operation you will have a bulky dressing placed around your neck, to minimize bruising and swelling, and you will be taken back to the ward.
AFTER YOUR OPERATION
- The day after your operation, the bulky dressing will be removed, and the wounds inspected. You will then be fitted with an elastic head bandage dressing.
- Oudit will then see you 1 week after your operation and then at 6 weeks and 3 months post-operatively.
- OPERATING TIME: 2-3 hrs
- ANESTHETIC: General Anesthetic
- HOSPITAL STAY: 1 night or Day case
- TIME OFF WORK: 2 – 4 weeks
- TIME BEFORE EXERCISING: 6 weeks